Monday

Mr. Malaprop - 1

Mr. Malaprop:

Oh, yes yes. I remember this place. I have great memories related to this place. This is where I saw my wife for the very first time. I remember thinking, "My God! what a tiny women she is". She was about 2 and a half inches tall, heels included. Of course, it was only after a few days that I realized that it was because she was standing 55 meters away. While sitting next to me on the coffee table, she seemed quite a normal sized human being after all. It was the glaring eyes that made us realize that sitting on a coffee table in a public place is not a very nice thing to do. So we both climbed down and sat on the chairs. Oh! how clearly I remember those first sparks... The overhead wires must have short-circuited due to the recent rains and it did not take long for those first sparks to turn into a modest fire. Things did settle though, and I asked her if she wanted a hot cup of coffee to which she innocently replied that she would prefer hot coffee instead.

Oh! how so very beautiful she was. Her blond hair shimmering in the brilliant yellow sun, her skin glowing with the radiance of full moon on the surface of an ocean, her eyes alight with the twinkle of a thousand stars. I was completely lost in her beauty until she asked me if I wanted whipped cream with my hot chocolate. Slightly confused, I replied in the negative and resumed conversation with the woman who had the distinguishing characteristic of appearing 2 and a half inches tall (with heels) at 55 meters. I noticed that she had a most beautiful plumage of black hair... Then she took out the blond ones and the brunette ones. It seemed to me that she took her job more seriously than it deserved and I was just relieved that she wasn't a heart transplant surgeon.

4 comments:

Amit said...

Source?

Ankit said...

:)... i don't plagiarize. my own.

Anonymous said...

and the plot, not unlike the chocolate, thickens!

Amit said...

If you don't plagiaries then you certainly have changed your writing style. Who is Mr. Malaprop? Are you writing a story or is it something which really happened?

I am not complaining but this account is very confusing to say the least. You start writing in third person and in the second paragraph you forget and jump in first person. Man, this is all so confusing for people with limited wisdom like me. If that was not enough how could one take out blond ones and the brunette ones in sequence?

You Sir, in your infinite wisdom have just decided to mess with lesser mortals like us by writing a thoroughly confusing and mysterious account just for the sake of fun! Not cool!

About Me

My photo
Like a particularly notorious child's tantrums, a mountaneous river's intemperance, a volcano's reckless carelessness and the dreamy eyes of a caged bird, imagination tries to fly unfettered. Hesitant as she takes those first steps, she sculpts those ambitious yet half baked earthen pots.