Monday

Pandit Ravishankar and Ustad Allarakha at Monterey pop '67

If you are music afficionados of any kind whatsoever*, you have to watch it. Full Stop:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1BqAfNKb0Q4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UApLjfmJGbw&NR

Pandit Ravishankar and Ustad Allarakha in a mindshattering performance in Monterey. Combined video length is 18 minutes so watch it when you have ample time. Look at the spiritual rapture at the end and extended standing ovation. I am floored. Completely floored. I should just shut the hell up here because I don't even have words to adorn such a fantabulous performance.


*well if you like Britney spears or her ilk and your age is in double digits, in my opinion you need to evaluate your life right now. And yes, do tell me so that I can send you to my quarantined list.

2 comments:

Anurup K.T said...

Really beautiful...
Wouldn't do any justice if I try to articulate further. But yeah, with your piano lessons am sure u can create a symphony of your own ;)

Amit said...

Bravo Bravo! Good music.

About Me

My photo
Like a particularly notorious child's tantrums, a mountaneous river's intemperance, a volcano's reckless carelessness and the dreamy eyes of a caged bird, imagination tries to fly unfettered. Hesitant as she takes those first steps, she sculpts those ambitious yet half baked earthen pots.